Whether from a Business Owner Plan Sponsor perspective or Individual, our passion is providing independent, consultative investment advisory service, plan reviews and design consultation that makes a meaningful and positive difference in peoples lives.
Individuals and Families
Because every person's lifestyle, age, position in life, tax situation, retirement income goals, risk factors, and available resources are unique, each integrated retirement and investment management plan is different. Retirement can mean different things to different people, and can span decades. A successful plan put into place during the wealth-building life span should address ways to maximize growth and tax-efficient distributions, and pass along assets properly within a well-thought-out estate plan. Retirement Planning is much more than using the right products.
The core elements of our Retirement Income Management process include:
- Estimating duration of retirement assets
- identifying and managing retirement risks
- Identifying distribution, tax and estate issues, and opportunities
- Identify options for addressing gaps
- Converting resources into income
- maintaining and updating the plan
Considerations for retirement include:
- Qualified employer-sponsored plans defined contribution plans
- Individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- Personal savings
- Executive deferral plans
- Social Security
- Pension-defined benefit plans
- Qualified plans are employer-sponsored retirement plans such as 401(k)s and pension plans. Although there are contribution limits and strict distribution rules, these plans are popular because of their tax benefits. Generally, employers will make participation even more attractive by matching all or a portion of an employee’s contribution. It’s important that you choose the optimum plan to benefit the key people in your company.
- IRAs are inexpensive, easy to establish and maintain, and also offer favorable tax incentives. They can be created by an individual or provided by an employer. Most people use IRAs to consolidate retirement savings that were previously held in employer-sponsored plans. Our process can help coordinate your IRA investments with your other savings plans. You may find that qualified plans, IRAs, and social security won’t provide enough money to support your desired retirement lifestyle. By identifying your retirement gap, you can develop a strategy for personal savings invested outside of the traditional retirement vehicle.
- Business owners or executives may have access to other tax-advantaged retirement savings vehicles. Nonqualified executive compensation is a generic term used to describe a compensation arrangement that provides retirement income—and, in some cases, death benefits—to key employees of a business.